Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring on board?
- Beach towel or pareo
- Sun Cream
- Hat/ Cap
- Mosquito repellent
- Closed beach shoes
- Long sleeves t-shirt (lycra)
- Sea sick tablets (for your information, the sea is really calm in the archipel)
- Small water proof sac (advised for those who want to bring the camera to the beach)
- Enough change if you want to buy any suvenirs (the locals hardly ever have change)
- Ideally, for this kind of vacation is better to travel with a soft suitcase to make it easier to fit it in the room on the boat
- Travel light, here you can dress with anything….
- Don`t forget your camera, and most importantly bring your smile and good mood!
What is included?
- All meals taken aboard (catch of the day, meat, fresh fruits and vegetables).
- A selection of drinks in reasonable consumption. If you have any specific wishes for beverages please let us know in advance.
- Fuel, gasoline, water tank supply.
- Dinghy with its outboard engine.
- Depending on the boat you choose, Twin seats kayak, Paddle boards, Snorkeling gear (always better to bring your own if you have it)
- Spear fishing equipment may be available
- Sheets and shower towels.
- General cleaning of the boat after the charter.
What is not Included?
- Personal expenses
- Personal travel insurance and third part liability insurance.
- Expenses incurred while not on-board the boat: For example: air and land.
- Transportation to the boat, local taxes, local visits, community fees, additional excursions, meals in local restaurants, etc.
What about insurance on board?
Do I need a visa to travel to Panama?
A 6 months validity passport is enough for most countries.
Do I need vaccinations in Panama?
You might need a yellow fever vaccination before entering the country, but this depends on the country you’re traveling from. The best is to check with your local health organization.
How can I get money in Panama?
In Panama city you will find various ATM’s where you can withdraw cash with your card. Panama is a dollar economy and uses the US dollar.
You cannot get money in the San Blas, so don’t forget to bring some cash to pay the transfer from your hotel to the boat and also if you want to buy souvenirs!
When is the best time/period to visit Panama?
Panama has two seasons. The summer season lasts from mid-December to may and the green season from May to December. When to go depends on what you want.
In the summer it’s usually dryer and sunnier. There’s also more wind because of the continuous North East trade winds, which makes it a perfect season for sailing, windsurfing, etc.
In the green season the weather can be hot and steamy. There’s more rain but it tends to come in sudden short downpours that freshen the air and are followed by sunshine. There’s no continuous wind, which makes it a perfect season for snorkeling because there is little movement and current in the water.
Panama lies very close to the equator and enjoys a tropical climate. Temperatures vary between 25-30 º C (80-90 Fahrenheit). Humidity is very high.